Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A manly post

I feel like with all the potty, cooking and musical stories I need to write a manly post. So I thought I would write about my wife.

Well not really about her being manly, although she can name all the positions of an offensive and defensive line. The fact they actually had names for the positions was lost on the men at the super bowl party, I attended. While her knowledge of football is manly, that's not what I wanted to write about.

I want to write about her obsession with poop. Dog poop to be exact. She is totally obsessed with it. As some of you know we have a large dog that poops twice a day. Thus, with all the snow, there are a lot of droppings in the yard waiting to be picked up. She watches the news to see what the temperature will be to gauge the melt time for precise extraction. I have even caught her looking out the window to see if there are any emerging nuggets. She gets more excited over them then a Vegas jackpot. She gears up with her Sorrel boots, gloves, shovel and several Smith's plastic bags and has at it.

I have no idea why she obsesses over it. I have tried to pin it on my mother-in-law or her sisters but I am not sure any of them really care about shit. I don't even think my family knows shit like my wife. Today she announced one side of the yard is doo-doo free and she was thrilled!

I am happy she gets so excited over picking after Abby. Thanks to Abby, there are plenty of little pleasures left outside, twice daily. All I can say is my wife not only a good sport, but she is the *$#@ too.

5 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I never knew Susie was so wierd! I dont have a dog because I dont want to deal with the poop!

Anonymous said...

Deeds, I'm not weird, just a little freaky about how the yard looks and not wanting the girls to step in poop!

Thanks, Jim for the stinkin' post.

h.justin said...

JIM! You are going to get yourself shut down. You know the rules.

JimmyG said...

Once again I have to say I am sorry. Sorry Justin. Should I delete the past two post?

Anonymous said...

I loved it! Don't delete. Susie I had tears at work. You two are so damn cute.