Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Damn, Damn, Damn

Once in a while when the kids need to be mellow we have movie night. Usually it is some Disney flick, but we've found that musicals are usually a big hit too. So, when I saw My Fair Lady in the discount bin at the store, I picked it up. It has been up on the self for a while and the other night we decided to watch it.

I am not sure if you have seen it or not. There is a part when Henry Higgins discovers he is in love with Eliza, and not happy with the fact he proclaims, Damn, Damn, Damn, I have grown accustomed to her face. Then he breaks into the song, Accustom to Her Face. Well, we forgot about that part and didn't really think much about it until Ella broke out and did her own rendition of Damn, Damn, Damn. Oops! I turned looked at my wife, we both quietly laughed and said nothing, hoping to not draw attention to it. Later, when the kids were asleep we mentioned we might need to the day care provider.

The next day my daughter and I hit Costco for some family provisions and a gift for Grandpa. We were looking at watches and she broke into song from the show. Daddy, "Show Me". I thought it was pretty cute that she picked up on the words so fast until we were in the CD aisle and I did not get the toddler music CD, yep you guessed it: Damn, Damn, Damn - Dad. I was fine with it, but the looks I got from everyone else in the CD isle were amazing. You would think they had never seen a young lady swear before.

2 comments:

h.justin said...

I would think that the Sunday Costco crowd would be tolerant of a cursing toddler and her sabbath breaking parent.

JimmyG said...

One would think.