Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fire, noise, smoke and flying food

One more email to my wife when she was out of town ...

Last night was somewhat comical. I started fish sticks in the oven. The package says 475, at about 400 the oven starts to smoke from whatever you spilled in it over Christmas. Picture this: Leah is asleep on the couch, she did not wake up from coming inside, so she is still in he coat and on her blanket. Next to her is Ella. She is tired and just watching TV I am get dinner ready.

The Smoke alarms went off! The smoke alarm does not wake Leah. What wakes her is me running around opening the doors to get the smoke out of the house. She gave me a funny look, like it is cold what the hell are you doing Dad, can't you see I am sleeping?

I turned the oven off and stuck a thermometer in the fish sticks .. figuring once they get to 175 the would be ok to eat. I finished dinner with the kids. Rob and Lisa came over with Thomas. Rob played with Abby as I did the drive way. After they left, I asked if she still wants to marry Thomas, she said no Beck. It made me smile.

On a side note. I have to say, any time you can involve fire, noise, and flying food you have a winning dinner combination for a one and a half year old. (no, I didn't make fish sticks again, we went to Tepanyaki)

And a cry for help ...
How do I post a video from youtube?

No comments: