Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yard work?

There is nothing quite like work to bring people together. Last night I spent a few hours doing yard work and planting flowers at my mother-in-laws home. I really enjoyed it. It took me back to the first time several years ago I worked all day mending a fence at the family cabin with my brother-in-laws. I have to say I really enjoyed that day too.

I think I could have worked a little harder last night and stayed longer, but with the girls running around it was a big distraction. Not to mention the excitement from a 3 year old who for the first time enjoyed playing with bugs and worms.

Hard work is a good bonding experience and I had a great time with the extended family.

4 comments:

h.justin said...

Jim, you could totally turn this into a "church talk" should your bishop call you with a last minute speaking request. It's got family, service, gratitude and hard work - throw in some Jesus and you're done!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I did enjoy seeing Ella play with the workms.

Koali said...

to bad spencer couldn't get ella to eat the worm. she was so close once but then decided not to but then ran off with it to feed leah. :)

Julie said...

sorry Jim. I didn't know of the antics of my kids. I'm just hoping the flowers look good when Bob and Muffy get home.