Saturday, April 5, 2008

Mexican Cola and a Warning

The family took a blind taste test this morning and it is official Mexican Coca Cola wins. Sorry, Nebraska. I am sure the corn huskers would like us to think corn sweeteners are just a good as sugar. Kind of like saying, Taco Bell is as good as Red Iguana.

I met a guy on the plane a while ago. He worked for the corn industry. The corn industry is trying to get the Central American soft drink manufactures to use their product. I was just grateful when I cheated off his immigration declaration sheet he did not declare a large amount of cash. Like many of my warnings no one cares.

Remember the deer warning. I have an update. We did have a mountain lion hanging out in the small ravine close to home. My neighbor talked to fish and game officers that were attempting to catch the cat. You never hear about this things until one of these cats, goes after a slow two legged deer running down the road. Talk about an early morning jogging wake up call.

Speaking of wake up calls. I was running in a May 5th, 5k race, with my nephew one year. I heard a very loud clump clump coming up behind me. It got louder and louder very quickly. I was quickly passed by an Ethiopian runner in dress shoes with white socks. He was also dressed in one of the heaviest 1980 sweat suits I had ever seen. I am sure if he had a down parka he would have been wearing it. I picked up my pace, but could not catch him. I guess the moral of the story is, let the mountain lions roam free and maybe we will all become faster runners.

4 comments:

h.justin said...

That Ethiopian won the race in dress shoes and tube socks. At that point, I really started to question the whole "let's send our used running shoes to Africa" movement. They're doing just fine without our used running shoes.

p.s. I still laugh about the finish line refreshments being chips, soda, candy, etc.

JimmyG said...

I full size bag of chips at that!

mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Todd said...

by the way, I just noticed that Wal-Mart in Centerville has COLD Mexican Coca-Cola

Wal-mart is one of the best places around to get Mexican products