Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dude!!!!!!!

The entrance to I-80 at 1300 south west bound can be a little frustrating at drive time. The other day I actually got mad and honked at a fellow commuter. Now I am not an angry man, but on this date I was upset at a fellow driver that had no idea what was going on around her as she conversed on her cell phone while eating a Big Mac.

As I honked the horn, I heard from the back seat, "Don't hit um Dad". "Dad don't hit um". Now hitting the car in front of me had ever crossed my mind. Communicating my anger to the female driver of the Toyota RAV 4, at her selfish inability to place her foot on the accelerator advancing her position in the normal flow of traffic, placing her vehicle in one lane of travel instead of the two she occupied while lovingly consuming 50 grams of fat in her Big Mac, did. Did I mention the cell phone in her greasy paw?

Now at this point in time I had to explain to my daughter, the appropriate use of the horn. My intentions were not to hit the RAV 4 driven by the woman eating a Big Mac sporting a mullet. I did my best to tell her that driving is a privilege and we should pay attention to what we are doing and be courteous to other drivers. Once in a while Big Mac eating, cell phone blabbing, mullet sporting driver needs to be reminded that there are others on the road.

No comments: