Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

In this corner weighing in at 23 pounds L ...... the hair puller. And in this corner weighing in at 30 pounds E.... the screamer!! I am have no idea how it began. I was making dinner. The girls were playing dolls on the floor. They had spent the day with Grammy. She said they were absolutely perfect. I had come home a little early and began dinner. I was over the sink rinsing and cutting strawberrys. I heard a few little screams, then two huge screams. I looked over, L had her older sister by the ponytail. E had flipped L over her head and was now pinning her to the floor. L's hand never let go of E's hair.

I had to pull one sister off the top of the other and pry E's hair out of L's hand. One cried and said the other should go to time out. One just cried. Having no idea who was at fault I placed them on opposite ends of the couch. Cleaned up all the dolls and the toys, which could have caused the up roar. For the next 30 minutes making dinner was pointless. I should have put on a black and white striped shirt and grabbed a whistle.

The problem is each little girl has amazing huge dark eyes that look so innocent. Each know exactly how to look at their Dad as if to say, how could I do anything wrong. My mind flashed forward to the teenage years and a slight panic attack ensued. I can hear all of the slamming doors now!

I know exactly how it ended though. It ended with 2 little girls both in tears and blaming the other one. One pinned to the ground. The other had a hand full of hair.

2 comments:

h.justin said...

L is a bruiser. I think E was innocent - when B hits her, she doesn't hit back.

neffgang said...

that was a fantastic account. And yes, you do have teenage years to look forward to.

My guess is, however, they'll be the best of friends and gang up on all the other little girls in the hood.

-BN