Thursday, June 5, 2008

Do you like French food?

When I was in 8th grade I insisted my parents take me to La Parisian, a local French Restaurant. I was taking French as a foreign language requirement and I think I actually got extra credit for eating french food. I remember I had to try the escargot and you know ,they were not bad. After that first trip, my family became regulars at La Parisian, celebrating family events there until the day it's doors sadly closed a few years ago.

Well, our garden is infested with snails. So, for the last 2 weeks my girls and I have been gathering them up, placing them in a big bucket with corn meal. They will be ready for Family dinner this Sunday!

My wife being the voice of reason, said most people are not as adventuresome as me in eating. She reminded me that some family members only eat white food and would not be excited with this epicurian adventure. If I actually served escargot it might be the last time we have people over. All I could do is rub my chin and say, hmm interesting, what about fried worms?

Actually, I really do miss La Parisian.

4 comments:

Todd said...

mmmm snails. I ate them a few times in Spain, but they were always cooked in a really good broth.
So let me get this straight, there will be three meats to put on the rice bowls? Chicken, carne asada and now snails?
I think you may have left-over snails to take to the neighbors

h.justin said...

Are you really thinking of serving escargot? You best enlist Stella to help.

And dinner for which family?

I miss La Parisien too.

Anonymous said...

No we will not be serving snails!

Justin...it's dinner for the Neff family, but you are welcome to join.

Catherine said...

I'm not very fond of snails even served with garlic butter.

Cathy
French online