Monday, November 24, 2008

I spy

I spy with my little eye. It is a game we play to pass time and divert my kids attention. It is also kind of fun. You know, I spy with my little eye something red. The other people look around and guess all things red.

The other morning while my daughters were taking a tub. The girls were fighting over a tub toy so I called out "I spy with my little eye something brown" Ella sat straight up, dropped the toy and looked at her sister then herself and said in the most confident, sweet way "Is it me and Leah"? It's so endearing how Ella has embraced her skin color, she looks at it, as she should, like it's her hair or eye color. She loves that she has brown, cocoa (as she calls it) skin.

So when she asked if what I spied was her, I had to giggle before telling her it really was her mom's shirt.

2 comments:

Julie said...

That is the cutest story. Susie actually already told me. But I was repeating it to the fam last night and we all got a good laugh. We could just hear Ella saying it.

Those are some dang cute girls!

h.justin said...

So I've read this story aloud to several people. I just tell them I'm reading an e-mail you sent me. And they're like "wow, Jim is a great e-mailer!"